St. Catherine's Cathedral in Luga
Pitaev Valery was born in 1942 in the Bashkir ASSR.
In 1961 he graduated from two-year art ceramic department of Mukhina higher art-school. In 1971 finished the Leningrad Engineering Construction Institute (architectural department).
Since that time he has been working as an architect in Saint-Petersburg.
In 1993 Valery began to paint. He shows preference to town landscapes. Most of his works are made from nature. Valery pays special attention to old parts of European towns. The favorite theme of the artist is the architecture of previous centuries in combination with sea- or river water.
Valery turned to formal compositions when designing interiors of the Ustinov Baltic state university “Voenmech”.
Some of the artist’s works are now in private and public collections in Moscow, Saint-Petersburg, Lubeck /Germany/.
Solo: 2004 and 2008 in the House of Architects.
- RUA Exhibition Hall (Saint-Petersburg) - “St. Andrew Banner” – 2004, 2008
- RUA Exhibition Hall (Saint-Petersburg) – “Autumn” - 2004, 2006.
- RUA Exhibition Hall (Saint-Petersburg) – “Spring” - 2005.
- State Ethnographic Museum (Saint-Petersburg) – Open contest of marine artists of Saint- Petersburg – 2006.
- State Ethnographic Museum (Saint-Petersburg) – “ARTINDEX. Art of Saint-Petersburg” – 2006.
- Exhibition center “47 Stachek Pr.” (Saint-Petersburg) – “Modern Art. Art of Petersburg” – 2007.
- House of Youth “Record” (Saint-Petersburg) – “ The 6th Christmas Art-Yarmarka” -2008.
- Artists Central Club (Moscow) – 2009.